You probably want to read the FEniCS download and installation web page if you just want to get FEniCS installed as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
Building from source¶
DOLFIN requires a compiler that supports the C++11 standard.
The required and optional DOLFIN dependencies are listed below.
- Boost (http://www.boost.org), with the following compiled Boost
- CMake (https://cmake.org)
- Eigen3 (http://eigen.tuxfamily.org)
- FFC (https://bitbucket.org/fenics-project/ffc)
- pkg-config (https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/)
- Python (used by the build system)
Required for Python interface¶
Optional for the Python interface¶
- Matplotlib (required for plotting)
|||(1, 2, 3) It is strongly recommended to use the PETSc build system to download and configure and build these libraries.|
|||Its is recommended to configuration with ParMETIS, PT-SCOTCH,
MUMPS and Hypre using the